Monday, January 23, 2012

Really NBC?

These ads for the upcoming "Smash" are killing me.  The person who designed them should be locked in a room and forced to listen to 16 bar cuts of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" all day.

From the looks of Jack Davenport's face, (2nd from the left) he's not happy about this ad either.  I feel like his eyes are warning you, "this shit is gonna be crazy." I also love that someone probably was like, oh fuck where do we put Brian D'Arcy James...okay get a stool, put it on that desk, and he'll just perch up there. GREAT.  


ROPES!  
MEGAN: So this is what TV is like...kill me
ANGELICA: Oh hell no, am I doing anything with this rope.  I'll hold it, but I'm not going to like it. 
KATHERINE: READY FOR TAKE OFF.  BRING ME UP!!!!!

And finally, my ultimate favorite one:


I can't confidently say that anyone looks happy or good in this one.  The guy who plays the assistant actually looks scared.  It looks like a weird adult reality TV version of Glee or a really bad a cappella group called "SMASH" that's competing on "The Sing Off."

And yet, I'm still going to watch the show.  Kudos NBC.

COMING SOON: My analysis of the pilot episode of Smash!  So many feelings.  Someone get Katherine McPhee some coffee.  Her eyes just can't stay open, poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment