In what world does the shit that goes down on this show actually occur?
1. Every theatre person in New York got on their twitter and screamed, " 'HE'S DOING THAT BRUNO MARS SHOW AT LAMAMA'...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Bravo for having the audacity to put the words Bruno Mars and LaMaMa together in one sentence. I can't wait to check in with Liz Swados and see how her new Katy Perry musical is shaping up. (Also, this "Bruno Mars Musical" looked strangely like the sequel to a little show called "American Idiot").
2. How many times can they use karaoke as a plot device to get Katherine McSleepy to sing? AT A BABY SHOWER NO LESS. If I attend your baby shower and then sing "Red Neck Woman" you have permission to punch me in the face.
3. "I'm worried about money," McSleepy laments as she lounges in her massive bedroom that is straight out of an Anthropologie catalogue.
4. THE ASSISTANT IS STRAIGHT. THE ASSISTANT IS STRAIGHT. I can't even find the words to express my confusion. Either that actor is supremely confused about his character or there is going to be a thrilling plot twist later. Maybe he and Nick Jonas hook up. Crossies.
Also, he's just too tricky. I don't like it one bit. I hope there's an upcoming episode where Patti Lupone trips him and breaks both of his legs.
- So glad to see Nessa Rose got out of her chair.
- Possibly one of my favorite moments was this sequence apparently trying to show us how deeply involved their affair was:
Will Chase: You smell good
Deb "Put it in your mix" Messing: Slowly loses eyes and passionately sulks into the elevator (Can you passionately sulk? Is that a thing? Kudos Deb) DRAMAAAAAAAA
All I ask is that someone please help out Katherine McPhee. Make that girl take a nap. You clearly are keeping her up past her bedtime.
CHEERIO OLD FRIENDS! SEND MY REGARDS TO BROADWAY!